Wednesday, January 7, 2015

First Post

This is my first post so I figured I would start by saying I will be posting poems I've written. I plan on posting Monday through Friday. I thought I should start off by posting a poem about poetry. Enjoy!

A poet and a poem

Friends being thrown around like a clown at a rodeo
Little arguments turn into fist fights
Long nights and longer cries

A crisis of the mind
Mending of the heart is necessary
We are just ordinary
Until you see deep down into who we are

Freedom and pain ring through our minds
Death and long screams of terror echo through out the night

Poetry and poets are a lot alike
Both are symbols of lives ignored by a culture that rejects different
The odd ones out around the popular
A noticeable difference in the faces of the unloved
Crying and screaming while "yoloing" your way down this road of broken hearts and tragic hurts

A poet and a poem alone surrounded by many
A poet and a poem free while in chains
Another poet and another poem is all this world needs



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your very first blog post. This occasional poet enjoyed your piece very much.

    ReplyDelete